Wednesday, February 27, 2013

...because pear, apples, and bananas are meant to be on the same tree

God's growing himself a tree. He's actually called it a vine, but since both have branches, I think we can safely make the jump to the tree analogy. This is especially so since the writer neither knows vines nor husbandry.

The point is that God is quite proud of his own pruning and grafting skills taking stiff-necks and court jesters and somehow mending them into one great big growing, living "thing." Being of the gentile court jester variety, it's especially humbling knowing that I'm the pear on the apple tree, but I belong and am quite ecstatic nonetheless.

And so from one analogy grows the reason to adopt. And we know that God's tree is meant to have a few other shapes/sizes/color of fruits than even just pears and apples. Bry and I desire to have miniature little Anderson house tree that looks a little more like our Crosspointe tree that can look even the smallest bit like the heavenly tree with its wild variety. That's our reasoning.

1 comment:

  1. Yee Haa! So glad the word is out and things are well underway. Will continue to pray for you guys and the faith journey that lies ahead.

    ReplyDelete